electro-harmonix Op-Amp Big Muff Pi Distortion/Sustain Pedal
The Op-Amp Big Muff was popularized by the brilliant Billy Corgan who first used it on the Smashing Pumpkins epic 1993 album Siamese Dream. After he was videotaped playing and talking about the reissue, Billy stated: "'The magic's still in the box, I can still get what I'm looking for!"
The pedal relies on op-amps rather than transistors and three gain stages rather than four, to create its signature sound. Its a sound thats been described by noted Big Muff collector and historian, Kit Rae, as: "a huge, crushing Big Muff sound with more crunch...great for grungy, wall-of-sound distortion, heavy rhythm playing and heavy leads."
• A faithful reissue of the original classic circa 1978
• Iconic sound and vibe thats coveted by guitarists
• Controls for Tone, Sustain and Volume, plus a Tone Bypass switch.
• True bypass switching for maximum signal integrity in bypass mode
• Rugged, compact, die-cast package pedalboard friendly
• Ships with a 9Volt battery, also accepts an optional EHX9.6DC-200 AC Adapter
• Dimensions in inches: 2.75 (w) x 4.5 (l) x 2.1 (h)
• Dimensions in mm: 70 (w) x 115 (l) x 54 (h)
We Also Recommend
3 Monkeys Solderless 1/4" Pedalboard Patch Black Cable Kit - 10 Pack / 5 Cables
3 Monkeys Solderless 1/4" Pedalboard Patch Purple Cable Kit - 10 Pack / 5 Cables
3 Monkeys Solderless 1/4" Pedalboard Patch Red Cable Kit - 10 Pack / 5 Cables
3 Monkeys Solderless DC Power Black Cable Kit - 10 Pack / 5 Cables