EarthQuaker Devices Black Ash Endangered Fuzz
- Limited to 1,500 units
- Uses rare and irreplaceable components from Jamie Stillman’s personal stash including paper-in-oil capacitors and NOS half-watt carbon composition resistors
- Unique Top control adjusts key frequencies between 2kHz and 10kHz to adjust how “forward” the guitar sits in a full-band mix and helps to pair Black Ash with different pickup types
- Volume control voiced for unity gain around 10 o’clock; lots of output on tap
- Fuzz control adjusts gain from cooled-off amp-like breakup to scorching fuzz
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- All-analog signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 20ma
- Input Impedance: 100K
- Output Impedance: 22K
This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay-based switching. Audio will not pass without power.
This device takes a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!
Fuzz: Adjusts the amount of gain. Counterclockwise for less fuzz, clockwise for more fuzz.
Top: Adjusts high frequencies between 2kHz - 10kHz and controls how “forward” the guitar sits in the mix. Counterclockwise for less top, clockwise for more top.
Level: Sets the output volume. Counterclockwise is quiet, clockwise is loud.