Strymon Brigadier dBucket Delay
Perfectly Emulated Classic Bucket Brigade Delay
From the deeply mellow sound of bucket loss to the gritty buildup of stacked repeats, the Strymon Brigadier dBucket Delay pedal captures the quintessential character of classic bucket brigade delay technology. The supreme detail of this effect pedal is thanks to the full power of an Analog Devices SHARC DSP chip, which not only fuels the effect but also offers the power to make it supremely tweakable. There are three mode and three time divisions, plus modulation, filtering, and other cool features are all available, and you can plug in an expression pedal for even more real-time control.
Classic bucket brigade delay character
Clean, dark, and deeply nuanced, solid-state bucket brigade delay effects began in the '70s as a more affordable alternative to tape echoes and quickly became a sought-after sound in their own right. Strymon's Brigadier dBucket Delay captures these sonic nuances in splendid detail, allowing you to dial in the natural, progressively decaying echoes and cross modulation that gave individual bucket brigade delays their unique character. Whether you're going for a subtle, glassy delay sound or piling on repeats, you'll hear every nuance of classic bucket brigade delay at work in the Brigadier.
Tweak your tone with extra controls
Like most Strymon pedals, the Brigadier offers more control than meets the eye. Below the Bucket Loss control is a variable filter, which lets you adjust the brightness of the repeats for more- or less-pronounced progressive dampening. There's also a +/-3dB boost/cut feature available via the mix control. Both of these extra controls are available when you hold both footswitches, but if you only hold the Tap footswitch, you'll trigger infinite repeats for serious delay buildup. There are also extra footswitch inputs, including an expression pedal input that allows you to control any parameter on the fly. You can also instantly recall your favorite preset via a simple external footswitch.
Strymon: a philosophy of quality
Strymon pedals are quickly becoming an industry standard in professional-quality effects. They're dedicated to offering exceptional customer service and, in their own words, making "gear that sounds better than anything you've ever heard." This California-based company uses only the highest-quality components and powerful processors in their pedals. And each design offers more tweakable parameters than meets the eye for fine-tuning your tone. This construction and sound quality is the reason Sweetwater is impressed with Strymon, and why you find their pedals on the pedalboards of professional musicians around the world.
- Hand crafted dBucket algorithm for highly accurate reproduction of every stage of an analog bucket brigade chip and the associated clock driver circuitry
- Bucket Loss control to vary the amount of loss that occurs at each stage of the dBucket
- 3 delay time modes: Short, Medium and Long
- Tap Tempo modes for quarter, dotted eighth, and eighth note triplets
- Filter control for adjusting the tone of the delay repeats
- Dedicated Modulation control
- Adjustable +/- 3dB boost or cut when the effect is engaged
- Press and hold Tap for Infinite Repeats
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input) Please read this FAQ for more info on the TRS input.
- Stereo output
- Tap Tempo and Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter) or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable Trails Mode with high quality, transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- 9V center negative DC supply included, 250mA current draw
- Strong and lightweight green anodized aluminum chassis